My Friends:

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Grandfather's Death

Two years ago, my grandfather passed away.  He died while having multiple strokes and succumbing to fluid in his lungs.  I imagine it to have been painful, like the brain exploding in a flood of nightmarish headaches, while suffocating-ly drowning (the same way Jesus expired on the Cross).  I remember my grandmother in the room crying, persistently telling her husband that she loves him.  My dad was there.  He kept telling his father that he was doing an amazing job.  This was a family legacy.  My grandfather had taught me to blow my nose.  When I learned to clear my nose with a single forceful blow, he would congratulate me the same way.  My dad used this same method when anyone in our family was sick and vomiting.  It doesn't sound like a very comforting to hear, that you are doing a good job blowing your nose, expelling your innards into a toliet bowl, or passing away, but it is probably the second most comforting thing my Dad has said to me (after telling me that he loves me).

At one moment, when my grandmother, father, and uncle were all in the room cheerleading on my grandfather to heaven it struck me.  Like a scene out of a flashback from a Da Vinci Code-style movie, it hit me.  Here in this cramped, smelly, tired room was three generation of men.  The Patriarch was accompanied by the matriarch, in pure royalty.  To his bedside, were his two loyal sons, the heirs of his name and the secured future protection of his wife.  At the foot of the bed was his only grandson, a symbol of hope to the future that someone will live on his name: in the past, at the present, and into the future.

While my mind's eye tried to paint a Michelangelo style funeral parade to heaven, I saw the world completely.  My grandfather was English.  We have had a proud history of hard working family members that make up our clan.  This man was no on the opposite side of the world of his relatives.  He had very few family members to meet in the afterlife here in America.  This moment was the American dream coming to fruition.  Here a man from poverty of the most desperate time in America had raised a family, served in the armed forces in its greatest hour of need, had battled a crippling chronic disease his entire life, and now, in a moment usually reserved for Kings, he was battling his body to peace.

I felt terrible for lacking the vision to see the moment but these thoughts rushed through my mind, as if he were passing his life through my own eyes.  I saw everything up to this moment, and in that time, I felt a great amount of joy, pride, and wisdom. 

I know my dad was terribly hurt by the loss of his father.  Despite being angry at my own father a lot of the time, I love him so much.  He represents a lot of the essence of man that I have never felt.  I can always count on him to be consistent, and I am excited for every time he enjoys his own life.  I only hope, that on my own father's deathbed, that I can deliver to him all the love and support that he has given me.

My grandfather was very wise when he grew with his age.  His catch phrase was "whatever."  He had a way of getting along with anyone and getting over anything.  I hope to have a tenth as much patience, love, and understanding that he showed.

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, ​​I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete