My Friends:

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sunshine Vitamin


I have always thought that the best way for the body to be healthy is for us to experience life as nature intended for us.  Having never been a fan of sun block, I looked for a reason not to need it.  Turns out that the skin cannot produce Vitamin D without having full solar radiation.  Now, most of us have heard that Vitamin D is good for us and is usually found in milk.  What I learned about Vitamin D will surprise most people.

Vitamin D is a STEROID.  It is classified in a sub-group known as secosteroids and is responsible for many metabolic processes, especially the manufacturing of hormones within our bodies.  While other vitamins are usually acid based products, vitamin D actually behave like a hormone and is fat-soluble.  There are many processes that you can learn about Vitamin D however, I have found research that supports Vitamin D having a positive effect on the following conditions:

·         Depression
·         Cancer
·         Heart Complications
·         Chronic pain
·         Fibromyalgia
·         Hypertension
·         Arthritis
·         Inflammatory bowel disease
·         Obesity
·         PMS
·         Crohns Disease
·         MS
·         And Mortality



Many people I know are pallor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallor).  One time we met up with one of these pallor persons (wishing to have them remain unnamed) and we spent the entire day outside with them.  Despite their desperate efforts to cover their skin from head to toe to shield them from the sun (to prevent wrinkles or prevent skin cancer I'm sure), they still were exposed to the sunshine.  While sunshine might be to blame for the wrinkles and skin cancer, Vitamin D has been shown to improve the skin quality and help keep the body functioning properly: essentially cancer free.  Anyways, she had been exposed for a number of hours over a small area of her skin and had prevented any burning.  Most of the indirect sunlight was responsible for her exposure.  Having been infused with what I am sure is a healthy dose of Vitamin D, she was invigorated with energy and feelings of well being.  It would be interesting to see how much Vitamin D could continue to help people that refuse to spend time outdoors for fear of sun damage.  In my personal opinion, I think the benefits outweigh the risks.  Professionally, I would recommend that you intake healthy doses as recommended by a doctor.

The two ways most people intake Vitamin D nowadays are:



-Oral Consumption:  Several foods have some sources of Vitamin D.  Fatty fish, whole eggs, beef liver and some fortified products tend to be higher than most at containing Vitamin D.  While a natural approach to adding orally consumed Vitamin D might include these products, other forms of Vitamin D, especially supplementing and sunlight, are far superior in their ability to deliver higher doses.



-Oral Consumption (supplements):Many supplements on the market offer Vitamin D.  I have seen individual capsules contain anywhere from 500-5,000 IU, and usually multivitamins have some small amount.  The two forms that you can find Vitamin D in supplement form are vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).  I have found D3 to be a superior product and more common in the supplement form.  Decide with your doctor what a healthy dosing plan would be for you, however keep in mind that the safe upper limits are close to 10,000 IU per day (with the RDA recommending 400 IU per day).  Overdose has been noted at 50,000 IU for sustained months, and acutely at 168,000 IU.



-Sun Exposure:  exposure to sunlight for as little as 10-15 minutes has causes doses that are on the magnitude of ~10,000-25,000 IU.  While this seems like an overdose, the body is capable of handling much higher levels of production without toxicity without negative side effects.

Vitamin D tests kits usually sell around $75 and it might be a simple yet important test you can perform to determine the state of your health.  After all, I want my body producing its own natural steroids...wouldn't you?

P.S.  Are you an at risk population of Vitamin D?  Some studies suggest that women need the added vitamin D in order to improve bone health.  Not only should aging women be intaking enough calcium but also should ensure that they are getting enough sunlight to help create healthy bones.  Further, African Americans and other people of darker skin tones should be aware that their skin is less likely to produce Vitamin D and as much as three times sun exposure is required to get the same sun requirements as those who are more pale.  This is not meant to target these populations as inferior in the Vitamin D category, but to just highlight some considerations that would help in developing a superior Vitamin D protocol.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D)

3 comments:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, ​​I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the necessary information. Enhance Vitamin D to your body through vitamin d tablets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. multivitamin tablets are useful for good health and this also fulfills nutritional gap

    ReplyDelete